|Click on the items below for info||Registration||Transfer|
|Timing||few minutes||max 24 hours|
|DNS Service||FREE for life||FREE for life|
|URL Redirect||FREE for life||FREE for life|
|Restrictions||See below||See below|
General info about .it Domains (Italy)
- .it domain names can only contain letters A-Z (case insensitive), digits 0-9 and hyphens (-);
- Hyphens cannot be the first or last character; you cannot put 2 consecutives hiphens (--);
- .it domain must have minimum 2 and maximum 64 characters (extension excluded);
- .it domain must not include spaces;
- names corresponding to the Italian regions, provinces and municipalities (eg toscana.it, pisa.it, viareggio.lucca.it, etc.);
- names corresponding to services or network resources (eg www.it, internet.it, mail.it, etc.), these domain names cannot be assigned even under the "default geographical structure";
- names corresponding to Icann gTLD "unsponsored" (eg: .com, .net, .info, .name, etc.) can only be assigned as second level domains (eg: gov.it) to subjects presented to the .it Registry by "competent state bodies".
Required Documentation for .it domains
No documentation required.
Registration times for .it domains
Few minutes after the payment reception.
Free DNS management for .it domains
Full control to manage the DNS records of the associated domains. DNS servers are globally distributed with a highly redundant structure. you can edit SOA, A, AAAA, MX, CNAME, and NS records.Click here for more info
Free Url Redirect for .it domains
Visitors who will type the domain name will be redirected to another web space / URL. URL redirects are of two types:
- Forwarding URLs : Redirects the domain name to another web address; in the address bar the destination address will be shown;
- Alias: Makes the domain name point to a hosting plan already purchased on ormag.com; the address bar will continue to show the domain name
Maximum period of registration for .it domains
.it domains can be registered for minimum 1 year and maximum 10 years and, of course, always be renewed by the owner.
Maximum number of .it domains registered per owner
NS check for .it domains
It's not needed to pre-set the NameServers.
In case you don't indicate the Nameservers during the registration we will set our default NS (Ormag); Nameservers changes can be done also later. If you put your Nameservers in your domain profile, they will be used at registration time. In case they are not correctly set, the domain will be put by Authority in Inactive/dnsHold Status. The Italian Authority automatically checks Domain Nameservers every 30 minutes for the first 30 days: if check passes, the domain status will become "OK", otherwise it will remain in Inactive/dnsHold status until the check passes; after 30 days the check will be executed 1 time a day. So, we suggest to check the right configuration of your Nameservers before registering.
Local presence service for extra EU Citizens
Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino Republic, Vatican City and Switzerland. If you are an Extra-EU Citizen or Company you can ask us (Ormag) to provide our Local Presence service proving that the domain name corresponds to your Name or your Company Name or is a Registered Trademark, owned by you. Otherwise Local Presence service for .it domains can be used only to Redirect the domain to another already existent site. Ormag reserves itself the right not to accept particular orders of the Local Presence Service.
Restrictions about .it domains
.it domain registrations can be requested only by older than 18 years old people, Citizens of the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino Republic, Vatican City and Switzerland. Alternatively, you can ask us (Ormag) to provide our Local Presence service proving that the domain name correspond to your Name or your Company Name or is a Registered Trademark, owned by you. Otherwise, Local Presence service for .it domains can be used only to Redirect the domain to another already existent site. The consent to personal data publication is allowed only to natural people registrants or "admin" and "tech" contacts.
.it domain transfer
The Transfer of .it domains wil be completed within 24 hours. AUTHINFO is needed (it is the Transfer code or EPP Code to be requested at your actual provider). In order to get the domain transferred, it must be in "OK" status.
Restore .it domains
IMPORTANT: starting from the expiration date, renewals will be charged with a forfeit beyond the renewal cost. The domain will be automatically suspended in the expiry day and Restore will be availble for the following 30 days.
IMPORTANT: none of our contracts is automatically or tacitly renewed. Two months before the expiration date, you will be contacted by Ormag by e-mail and will be able to decide on the renewal of the expiring services.