.ca Domain Registration (Canada)
|Click on the items below for info||Registration||Transfer|
|Required Documentation||See below||See below|
|Timing||14 days||14 days|
|DNS Service||FREE for life||FREE for life|
|URL Redirect||FREE for life||FREE for life|
|NS Verification||See below||See below|
|Local Presence||See below||See below|
|Restrictions||See below||See below|
General info about .ca Domains
- .ca domain names can only contain letters A-Z (case insensitive), digits 0-9 and hyphens (-);
- Hyphens cannot be the first or last character; you cannot put 2 consecutives hiphens (--);
- .ca domain must have minimum 2 and maximum 50 characters (extension excluded);
- .ca domain must not include spaces;
Required Documentation for .ca domains
Copy of Canadian registered trademark if registrant is a foreigner company.
Registration times for .ca domains
Maximum 14 working days after receiving documentation.
Free DNS management for .ca domains
Full control to manage the DNS records of the associated domains. DNS servers are globally distributed with a highly redundant structure. you can edit SOA, A, AAAA, MX, CNAME, and NS records.Click here for more info
Free Url Redirect for .ca domains
Visitors who will type the domain name will be redirected to another web space / URL. URL redirects are of two types:
- Forwarding URLs : Redirects the domain name to another web address; in the address bar the destination address will be shown;
- Alias: Makes the domain name point to a hosting plan already purchased on ormag.com; the address bar will continue to show the domain name
Maximum period of registration for .ca domains
.ca domains can be registered for minimum 1 year and maximum 10 years and, of course, always be renewed by the owner.
Maximum number of .ca domains registered per owner
NS check for .ca domains
It is not needed to set Nameservers before registering the domain.
Nameservers must be between 2 and 13; it's not necessary for Nameservers to reside in different subnets. If you don't insert the Nameservers in the Profile, during the Registration Process, the Ormag ones will be used. You will be able to change them anytime.
- Numero minimo di nameserver 2, numero massimo di nameserver 13.
Local Presence for .ca domains
Read the section “Restrictions for .ca domains” below.
Restrictions about .ca domains
It is mandatory to have Local Presence in Canada or to own a registered Canadian tradedmark.
Authority Rule Book
.ca domain transfer
For info about .ca domain transfer, please contact us.
Restore .ca domains
For information about .ca restore, please contact us.
IMPORTANT: none of our contracts is automatically or tacitly renewed. Two months before the expiration date, you will be contacted by Ormag by e-mail and will be able to decide on the renewal of the expiring services.